Become an ASCEND Volunteer
|Volunteers play a crucial role in carrying out the mission of ASCEND. Whether you can give a few hours each month or a few days each year- we have an opportunity for you. |
Contact ASCEND at email@example.com for more information.
Volunteer Opportunities in Charleston, SC
Day-of-Event VolunteersDescription: We are in need of the following day-of-event volunteers
- Set-up: Assist in the set-up of event. Table placement, table set up and general last-minute event preparation.
- Event: Assist throughout the event in one of the following areas: check-in, registration, auction assistants, manning informational tables, and general floaters throughout the evening.
- Clean-Up: Assist in the cleaning-up and tearing-down of all areas within the event
Initiative VolunteersDescription: Assist with packaging of Cancer Companion book and dog, data entry, thank you notes, and general office tasks.
Time Commitment: Flexible hrs. Monday-Friday between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Cancer Companion Program - Fulfill school and hosptial orders
- Governorís Proclamation- Contact representatives from governorís offices
- Advocacy- Assist with facilitating the e-advocacy program
Office Volunteers-Fund Raising DepartmentDescription: Event follow-up including: thank you notes, phone calls, filing. Assist in preparation of event packets, follow-up on logistical needs and assist with event volunteer assignments. Other projects can be developed based on volunteer's experience and time availability.
Time Commitment: Flexible hours and days between 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Planning Committee MembersDescription: For every event, there is a planning committee that works to bring the event to fruition. One of the key roles of the committee is to find sponsors for the event.
There are several areas within the event committee to participate:
Time Commitment: Monthly meetings. Additional solicitation hours between meetings = 5+ hours per month. Day-of-event set-up is included.
- Event Logistics
- Sponsorship Solicitation
- Auction Item Solicitation